New Year’s Eve is almost upon us! Are you ready for the parties, or do you stay home and avoid the crazy drivers on New Year Year’s Eve?
My husband and I take turns each year…one year we go out, the next we stay in. This year, we will be joining friends in Fort Lauderdale for a block party – it’s what we always do when we decide to participate in the festivities. We take a cab downtown, party it up, then cab it home and crash with our friends who live in the area or rent an inexpensive hotel room nearby.
If you are staying in this year, why not try a new holiday cocktail recipe? I found this fun and festive recipe on Betty Crocker website, and plan to make it at our pre-party before we all jump in cabs to go downtown!
The Skinny Clementine Martini
- Ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) gin or citrus vodka
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 oz) elderflower liqueur or clear orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed clementine juice, fresh-squeezed pink grapefruit juice or pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- Clementine slice, pink grapefruit peel twist or fresh lime slice for garnish
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, add gin, liqueur and juices. Cover; shake until well mixed.
- Strain into martini glass; top off with club soda.
- Garnish as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker, brought to you by My Blog Spark!