Quitting smoking cigarettes is hard.
Hard is an understatement; for some, it’s an impossibility. I have quit smoking no less than 20 times in the past 19 years, always trying something new, sometimes being more successful than others.
The longest I’ve quit smoking since I began at age 15 was one year. The shortest amount of time I quit smoking was for three days!
Everyone knows how difficult quitting smoking is. Did you know that 85% of smoking cessation attempts are done without the help of a smoking cessation aid and that the average quitter is successful only after their seventh try.
That’s right, I said seventh try!
There are two contributing factors that come into play during a quit attempt:
1. Overcoming the physical addition to nicotine
This is the part that smokers fear: the physical symptoms of withdrawal and how to handle them!
2. Overcoming the psychological or emotional attachment to cigarettes
Even after the nicotine is out of our system, many smokers feel like they are still craving the crutch of a cigarette!
For these two issues, there are two different solutions for quitting smoking:
- Pharmacotherapy or Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- Behavioral Support
You can help plan for a successful quit with Your Blueprint to Quit, an exclusive Walmart program created by Nicorette and Nicoderm.
- Join QuitNet: Get a $10 mail-in rebate for an online membership to QuitNet (a $39.99 value). Join this behavioral support community on its own or bundle with a select 14 different Nicorette or Nicoderm products.
- Buy Now & Replenish: Purchase and replenish conveniently online.
I have been quit for ten and a half weeks. I feel good. And as more time passes, and I stay smoke-free, I am going to feel better and better! The longer you stay quit, the more your body begins to heal and repair itself!
If you are ready to quit smoking, or want to help a friend or family member quit smoking, please tell them about Your Blueprint to Quit!
This is a sponsored post as a member of Mom Bloggers Club, but all opinions are my own!