Energizer is the first company to introduce safe new child-resistant packaging for coin lithium batteries!
Today, Energizer announces a significant packaging improvement designed to reduce the occurrence of ingestions of coin-sized button batteries by children and the associated medical complications.
This innovative new packaging will be coming to store shelves nationwide very soon and is made from more durable and flexible materials that is supposed to make it very difficult for really young kids to open!
In addition to deterring children from getting into the package, Energizer has added easily understood icons on the front of the package to let parents know to keep the batteries away from small children, along with detailed warning copy advising of the danger of ingesting coin cell batteries and how to get help if they are swallowed.
Once an adult has opened the package, they’ll see a warning sticker on the back of the battery itself (with a tab for easy removal) that further reinforces the safety message. While the transition at retail may take some time, it is fully expected to be complete prior to the upcoming Holiday season, right in time for all of those battery-operated holiday gifts for the little ones!
Coin-sized button batteries are common household batteries that can be used safely to power everyday devices such as small remote controls, watches, calculators, flameless candles, car key fobs, talking greeting cards and other gadgets that small children often like to play with. The problem occurs if a child accesses the batteries and swallows one, which can lead to serious injury and even death.
For more information about Energizer® coin lithium button batteries, visit www.Energizer.com.
For more information about the risks of ingesting coin lithium batteries and the steps to prevent and treat the problem, visit www.thebatterycontrolled.com.