Energizer’s Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program is dedicated to helping share the life-saving reminder to change the batteries in your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when you change your clocks for daylight savings.
“In the past 25 years, the number of home fire deaths has substantially decreased,” said Chief Hank Clemmensen, IAFC president and chairman of the board. “That success is mostly thanks to the thousands of hours—every year for 25 years—that local fire departments have dedicated to improving the safety environment through technology, policy and, especially, public education efforts like the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program. But the world does not stand still, local fire department budgets are shrinking, many people still don’t have a basic baseline of protection from smoke alarms, and we must keep pace with changes in technology and the built environment, It’s still vital that homes be equipped with working smoke detectors in order to give families those critical extra seconds to escape.”
To help give more families those critical seconds, Energizer is honoring its 25th year by donating 250,000 batteries to fire departments across the country to distribute to local families in their areas and adopting 25 fire departments in 25 cities across the nation, who, in addition to batteries, will be equipped with a variety Energizer family safety products for their department and to share in their communities.
Together, they will host Home Safety Days and neighborhood canvasses spanning throughout National Fire Prevention Month in October until the end of daylight saving time on Sunday, Nov. 4.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country! Now that’s positive energy!
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
- One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (AA) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
- Two Energizer flashlights
- Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
- One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
In celebration of Energizer’s Change the Clock Change Your Batteries campaign, I am hosting my very own giveaway, courtesy of Energizer!
One winner will receive a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing (approximate value $78):
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Want to win this fabulous Energizer Family Safety Kit?
How to Enter:
Comment on this post telling me that you want to win!
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick via email (and confirm subscription)
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick via RSS
Follow The Rebel Chick on Twitter
RT this giveaway!
Comment on any other post and let me know which one!
This giveaway is open to US residents and ends at midnight on November 12th. I received a similar prize pack, but all opinions are my own!