Traveling can be exhilarating and satisfying as it exposes us to new ways of living, eating, new activities, and traditions, not to mention the interesting history of different regions of the world, the beautiful keepsakes, baubles, and decorative items that can be seen or collected. Keeping reminders of these exciting and memorable experiences is almost mandatory. Looking at those reminders can stimulate positive feelings you can relive day after day.
Display Your Vacation Souvenirs in These Unique Ways
- You can wear a reminder of your most recent trip in the form of a logo-printed tote bag or simply wear a t-shirt with specific locations named and or pictured. After traveling to San Francisco, wear a T-shirt picturing the Golden Gate Bridge or Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, or the Embarcadero.
- You may have limited space and need to collect something small and indicative of the travel locations. Try displaying magnets on your refrigerator or another magnetized board for others to see. Magnets are by design small but depict a lot of interesting scenes that clearly remind us of our travels. They tend to be colorful and remarkably interesting to look at.
- If you or your spouse is a good photographer, have some of those pictures enlarged to display images of your trips. Proudly display them. If they are black and white photos, they’ll appear even more dramatic, giving them a bit of nostalgia. These photos would look good in a room with old touches like barn door handles on a sliding door with a black hardware track. They can also be in color having a more modern look if your room is more metropolitan.
- Most people have a hobby and travel can sometimes augment that hobby. Collecting stamps or money from every region you travel and proudly displaying them among your collection is one way to fulfill a philatelist’s dream. It is a relatively inexpensive way to acquire more and more stamps from differing areas of the world. Plus, you can send post cards to friends and family from your locations with the postage you buy as well.
- Some vacationers save receipts, bus, train, and plane tickets, and visitor’s brochures from all the places they have visited. Keeping a scrapbook that illustrates in pictures and keepsakes all the hotels, bed and breakfasts, resorts, and Airbnbs you’ve visited will give you a kick. You could also place them strategically in a picture frame and display them on a desk or wall.
Historic places such as castles, battle sites, cemeteries, churches, zoos, parks, and homes of the rich and famous you’ve toured are all great images to review from time to time. It’s an inexpensive escape, revisiting your travels through pictures and keepsakes, especially when you are reminded of all the exotic islands and beaches you’ve had the good fortune to sunbathe. In a quick glance, you can be transported to a quieter and more serene environment.
When planning your next trip, pick a location that will allow you to do the things that you enjoy most. For instance, if you like horseback riding, make sure your trip includes that activity. If you like walking, select a location that encourages walking around the area you’re to which you’re traveling, such as cities that give you ample opportunities to tour them on foot. Foot travel offers even more opportunities to collect memorabilia from your travels. It’s easier to take photos, buy keepsakes at local shops, and meet the residents of the area.
Travelers have one important thing on their side, the wonder of seeing new and exciting surroundings. Sometimes, the juxtaposition of the cloud to the land mass as in Hong Kong, or the vastness of the ocean, the majestic wonder of volcanoes, or the beauty of the vegetation of a region is simply captivating. As a traveler, it’s important that you soak in all that’s new from the region you’re visiting. You want to remember the smells and the feel of the region’s aura as the natives interact with you and you have new experiences.
Documenting your travels with memorabilia is fun. However, now travelers must be mindful of being safe while traveling overseas. The pandemic requires we all get our vaccines, plus stay quarantined for two weeks to enter specific countries. So before leaving, plan your trip well, be sure to include getting vaccines, allowing for quarantine time, touring, activities, souvenir shopping, taking photos, and collecting other memorabilia in your entire itinerary.