There’s a certain scrabble-like game that I am just beyond bored to tears with, and that drawing game? Well, I’m no artist!
But there’s finally a game out there that I can play and actually win at – it’s called Listen Up!
I am great at memory games and figuring things out, so the Listen Up! iOS game is perfect for me to play with my friends! Listen Up! isn’t just a guessing game, it’s an audio-based social challenge where you use your imagination to make the game as fun as possible!
Listen Up! is available for free download on iTunes and is compatible with the iPhone models 3GS through the 5, as well as 3rd through 5th generation iPod touch and the iPad. As long as the device is updated with iOS 4.3 or later. Listen Up! is actually optimized for the iPhone 5, so you are in luck if you have the latest iPhone model!
Playing Listen Up! is so easy!
You can begin a game by either inviting your Facebook friends through the option in the game, searching out specific “Listen Up!” gamer tags, playing any random opponent, or by inviting your friends to play Listen Up! with you via email!
Once the game begins, just pick one of 3 available words – there are always easy, medium, and hard choices available – and use your imagination to record an audio clip that you think best describes the word!
Of course, you don’t actually say the word that you’re describing, but other than that, you can make any sound you want that you think will help your opponent to figure out the word.
Then it’s in your opponent’s hands, as they listen to your recording and attempt to figure out what word you’re trying to describe.
Listen Up! App Features:
- Engaging turn-based audio guessing fun!
- Mic point system to reward players for guessing clues—the harder the word, the more mics are won, giving players power to unlock very funny visual aids to use as clues.
- Flexible audio recording options that allow players to record, review, and re-record their audio clues on demand.
- Ability to replay incoming clues.
- Hints to help guessers out on especially tough words & a pass option for when they
- want to plain give up and concede defeat.
- A unique Susie Soundmaster option that lets players nominate awesomely epic sound bites from within the app to win weekly contests and, possibly, win monthly prizes, to be announced on the Listen Up! Facebook page and website.
Do you want to play me on Listen Up? My user name is therebelchick – or if we’re friends on Facebook, just invite me that way!
While I was compensated for sharing this app with you today, all opinions are my own!