Like most people during the holiday season, I can get a little overwhelmed and worn out; there’s always so much to do! With the holiday shopping, gift wrapping, cooking, coordinating parties and preparing for events, it’s easy to forget to take time for yourself to revive and energize.
I thought it would be nice to share with others the little things I do for myself during the hectic holiday season that helps get me through with my sanity intact!
1. Give yourself a mani/pedi.
While I find it inconvenient to go out to a salon to pamper myself, it can every bit as rewarding to take an hour our of your crazy week to prettify your fingers and toes. I especially love Essie nail polishes for doing my pedicures because the colors are so pretty and vibrant – and the polish lasts so long!
I recently received a few of Essie’s Winter Collection nail polishes, and I am sporting a pretty pedicure featuring their Cocktail Bling shade right now! I love how shiny and subtle it is – my toes look adorable peeking out of peep-toes heels!
Not only does Essie make for a great way to pamper yourself, but for an average retail price of $8, they make for excellent gifts! I know quite a few ladies who would love to find a bottle or two of Essie’s Winter Collection nail polishes at the bottom of their holiday stocking! You can purchase products online at Essie.com or at most local drug stores.
2. Spend 30 Minutes a Day Doing Nothing!
I know that it is easier said than done, but make a point to spend 30 minutes each day doing nothing – and when I say nothing, I mean no chores, no work, no laundry, no cooking…If you really think about it, this is quite easy to accomplish – 30 minutes isn’t really that long at all, but it will revive and relax you! Some ideas for sneaking that 30 minutes of relaxation into your day:
- Take an extra-long bath or shower. Lock the bathroom door! Give your hair a deep conditioning mask or put on a facial mask and just sit in the shower or bath and relax. Read a book, listen to a few tunes…the point is to keep the world outside and mellow out.
- Go for a walk alone – or walk your dogs. I find that one the most peaceful times of day for me is when I am walking my dogs. No headphones, no phone, no one to talk my ear off…I just walk the dogs, look up at the beautiful sky and I chill out.
- Sit on your patio or porch and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Sometimes I let the dogs out into the backyard and I just sit and watch them play while I enjoy the weather. It’s a great way to get lost in your thoughts!
The Donni Charm Karma scarf is made of two cotton jersey triangular fringe scarves that connect to create the reversible scarf. It is enhanced by their good luck design print on one side and solid on the other, two love knots, good luck charms and chain tassel. The good luck charms are wings, which are so pretty! The scarf measures 62 inches by 38 inches and is super soft, being made from 100% cotton jersey material. You can buy it online at DonniCharms website, and it retails at $99.