Generally speaking, my house is pretty clean. I start each day by picking up random articles around the house: glasses from the night before, dirty laundry on the bathroom floor, cat toys and electronic devices left out before bedtime. What pains me is the never ending battle with hair! I have three very lovable, but very long haired dogs as well as four indoor cats. As much as I love our furry little family members, sometimes it seems that the biggest mess in our home is a direct result of...their fur! To stay on top of the mountains of hair my animals shed on a daily basis, I have to sweep or vacuum and dust on a daily basis. That's certainly no fun, and that's where Neato Robotics® and a Neato™ Robot vacuum come into play!
Did you know that there are an estimated 164 million pets in American homes? Indoor cats shed year round and dogs shed their coats in the spring and fall. That's A LOT of pet hair gathering in corners and collecting under the kitchen table!
5 Tips for Keeping Pet Hair Under Control
With four cats and three dogs in our home, there are days when I look around and wonder "What was I thinking?" If I go away for a weekend, I come home to furballs in every corner of the house, a layer of dander on the bookshelf - it can get out of control very quickly if I am not paying attention. I have a system for keeping pet hair under control, and while it does required a dedicated routine, it really does help and prevents our home from resembling what you'd see on an episode of Hoarders.
1. Brush your pets weekly - if not daily. Of course I would like to have the time to brush all 7 of our pets on a daily basis. It would surely go along way in preventing all of the fur I see floating along our baseboards. But it's just not feasible to dedicate that much time every day. I try to brush each animal at least once a week, and it makes a big difference in the amount of fur that ends up on the floor.
2. Invest in grooming appointments or a deshedding brush for long haired pets. We used to take Foxy, our Alaskan Malamute, to the groomers every 6 weeks for a bath and deshedding session. Now that she is getting older and has arthritis, she can't go to the salon anymore, so I do it at home. I invested in a special deshedding brush, the Furminator, to really loosen up her fur. The less loose fur on your pets, the less that will end up on the floor! Deshedding tools - either used at home or at the groomer's - remove far more fur than regular brushes. Bailey and Toby are now going to the salon every month for a bath and deshedding session and it's already making a big difference!
3. Tackle Fur From Top to Bottom. Our natural instinct when cleaning is to do the floors first because they're a larger space, then dust and clean tables. It is actually better to do your dusting, THEN vacuum, so that the dust that falls onto the floor is vacuumed up.
4. Vacuum the furniture and curtains. You may not realize just how much pet hair accumulates on your curtains and in the cracks of your sofa. I wash our sofa coverings once a month (we were smart enough to invest in a couch with removable microfiber cushions) and I throw the curtains in a load of wash on the same day. All that stray hair sticking to the furniture and curtains tend to float off and end up on the floor at some point, so keep them clean too!
5. Invest in a Neato Robot Vacuum! The Neato Robot Vacuums BotVac series, the newest in the line of Neato Robot Best for Pets vacuums, is the answer to all of your covered-in-pet hair floor woes. Smart and powerful, the Neato Robot Vacuums clean floors with ease while freeing up your hands and time to do other things.
Neato Robot Vacuums Technology Features
The Neato BotVac uses BotVision technology to actually laser maps out the floors it cleans, learning the layout of your house with laser guided navigation. Pretty neat, right? I am fortunate to have an older model Neato Robot Vacuum and it's so convenient, I just press START and it zooms around the house, cleaning the floors while I do my thing...which is usually sitting in my office, working on the blog. Hey, I never claimed to live an exciting life!
The new Neato BotVac looks even more impressive than the one we currently have - it's definitely going on my holiday wish list!
With the Neato BotVision, there are built in boundary markers that provide protection for pet bowls, stairs, and more. One of the features that I appreciate the most with Neato is that you can schedule the robot vacuum to run on specific days and times. You just tell it when to clean and it does its job while you do whatever it is you'd rather be doing. Of course, there's always the option to run it instantly with the touch of one button.
The Neato BotVac is meant to take on tough jobs. With three long haired dogs and four cats in the house, you can imagine how necessary this is for me! Neato BotVacs are equipped with bigger debris bins, brushes, and filters to keep them cleaning efficiently for longer periods of time. They feature a wide, powerful suction area and edge cleaning brushes. The edges are square shaped to get better get into corners and hard to reach places. Speaking of hard to reach places, the Neato robot vacuum glides under tables, couches, beds, and more! Maintenance on the Neato BotVac is a breeze with easy bin access and brush cleaning. The vacuum is even smart enough to know when it needs to recharge, intelligently returning itself to the base.
Neato's Let's Talk About Pet Hair Campaign
The Neato Best for Pets campaign gives you the opportunity to learn how to reduce pet hair and manage shedding, as well as other tips and detailed information on products geared towards pet household needs. There is a FREE Shed Solution Guide that features content from PetMD/Pet360, tips for reducing pet hair and managing shedding, as well as other resources and fun facts geared towards the needs of household pets.
Neato Best for Pets Sweepstakes
Win a Neato Botvac™ 85 Robot Vacuum in the Neato Best for Pets Sweepstakes! The sweepstakes ends on November 25th, so hurry and enter before you miss your chance. Owning a Neato has been life changing for me, and I can't imagine NOT having one.
Would your home benefit from a Neato Robot Vacuum?
Visit Neato for more information on why the Neato Robot Vacuum is best for pets! And be sure to enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win your own Neato Botvac™ Robot Vacuum!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Neato Robotics® Best for Pets Vacuums. The opinions and text are all mine.