I know that it might sound funny coming from me down here in Miami, but I really wanted to share these 5 Tips to Getting Your Car Ready For Winter! I have so many readers all over the country and I am already seeing pictures of snow in my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds!
5 Tips to Getting Your Car Ready For Winter
- Wash and wax your car at a professional car wash – It may seem counterintuitive to get your car nice and shiny for what’s often the sloppiest season, but a thorough wash can remove harmful compounds that may cause damage when mixed with sand and road salt. Check out www.washwithwatersavers.com to see how professional car washes save water and help prevent pollution.
- Check fluids – Check your coolant to make sure you have enough, as you’ll be left without heat if you don’t. Don’t forget about extra wiper fluid, either.
- Winter emergency kit – In addition to stocking your car with a scraper and brush, it’s a good idea to include a few provisions in case you get stranded in snowy and cold conditions. Pack extra blankets, hats and gloves, high-energy snacks like granola bars, drinking water and a first-aid kit.
- Test your battery – The next time you have the car in for an oil change, ask the mechanic to test your battery to make sure it can provide enough starting power once the temperature plummets.
- Check your wipers – When sloppy weather hits, you’ll want to make sure you have strong wiper blades to see through the elements. Checking your wiper blades for wear and replacing them if needed can prevent huge visibility headaches once snow and sleet arrive.
To help you while you are getting your car ready for winter, I am giving away an exclusive Winter Emergency Kit to one of my readers!
Prize Pack Details
- 32 oz. WaterSavers branded water bottle
- Carabiner key chain
- Medium flashlight
- 2 heavy duty AA batteries
- 19-piece first aid kit
- Survival tool
- Pocket knife
- Emergency poncho
- Emergency blanket
- 2 tea light candles
- Safety matches
- Survival instruction card
- Mesh sack
How to enter:
Like WaterSavers on Facebook
Follow WaterSavers on Twitter
RT this post
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick via email (right hand side bar)
Subscribe to The Rebel Chick via RSS (right hand side bar)
Giveaway is open to US residents and ends on December 10 at midnight.
I am working with the International Carwash Association to share these tips for getting your car ready for winter. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.