It seems that everyone in my circle of friends and family is either pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or has just had a baby. Now, while I do love children as much as the next person, and think that babies are adorable…that doesn’t mean that I want another baby.
Now, some find it strange that I don’t have an overwhelming maternal urge to procreate, to have something soft and sweet to snuggle…well, actually I kind of do. Have you ever seen my house? My backyard?
Instead of having babies, I get puppies. And kittens. Pets are just as loving as children but they are much, much less work!
5 Reasons Why a Puppy Is Easier Than Having a Baby:
1. Puppies costs a lot less than having a baby in a hospital. $20,000 for childbirth or $350 for a purebred Sheltie…see?
2. Puppies are quicker AND easier to potty train than babies. Sheltie pup,Toby, was housebroken in 2 weeks, when he was 5 months old. I’d like to see a baby get potty trained by the time he’s 5 months old…
3. Dogs can be crated when they’re misbehaving. And no one calls the police or child protective services.
4. Dogs and cats don’t go to college. They also don’t require private school if you live in a bad neighborhood. Or braces.
5. Dogs never tell you that they hate you and wish they were adopted.