It's no secret that guys who own cats have developed a certain reputation. As the foster mom and owner of more than one kitten, I'm here to share just a few of the reasons why guys who own cats are actually winning.
5 Reasons Guys Who Own Cats Win!
- They're Intelligent! Studies show that self-identified cat owners scored higher on intelligence tests than self-identified dog owners. They also had higher IQs and overall level of education. Though it’s probably not the cat itself making them smarter. 😉
- They aren't squeamish. Male cat owners clean litter boxes, pick up hairballs and are frequently brought disgusting "gifts" from their cat. They're tough!
- Cat guys are healthy! Numerous studies have shown that owning any pet is good for your heart. It's also been shown that cats in particular lower your stress level and the amount of anxiety in your life. Additionally, petting a cat has a positive calming effect. In fact one study found that over a ten year period cat owners were 30 percent less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke than non-cat owners.
- As with many other life choices, the type of pet you own can say a lot about your personality. Did you know people who own cats score highly in trusty worthiness and their ability to trust other people?
- They will watch cat memes and cat videos with you. Enough said.
Who knew owning a cat could be so cool? Cat lovers did of course! Which is why Purina Pro Plan is shredding perceptions of both traditional cat food and the typical cat owner by launching Purina Pro Plan SAVOR Shredded Blend (an all-new mealtime experience that combines crunchy kibble and tender meaty shreds).
In order to change how people think of cat owners, Pro Plan is on a search for extraordinary men who own and love cats through the #MenAndCatsContest.
Winners of the contest will be featured in their 2016 calendar AND receive a year’s supply of new Purina Pro Plan SAVOR Shredded Blend!
So what are you waiting for? Nominate a cat-owning man in your life for the Purina Pro Plan #MenAndCatsContest!
All you have to do is share a photo of an extraordinary man and his cat on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #MenAndCatsContest and tagging @ProPlanCat! Entries must be posted to Instagram or Twitter between 12:01 a.m. ET on August 31, 2015 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 14, 2015 (the “Contest Entry Period”). Post a picture to Instagram or Twitter (“Entry”) of a man and at least one domestic cat with the hashtag #MenAndCatsContest and @ProPlanCat. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the Grand Prize winners. The eleven Grand Prize winners will be announced on or about October 15, 2015.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to Men who are legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE). Women are able to enter/nominate an eligible man with his permission. Entry period ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/14/15. See Official Rules for details. Sponsored by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, Checkerboard Square, St. Louis, MO.