I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs
I love the New Year. What I don’t love is taking a sick day. Sure some people may feel annoyed at the litany of optimism that permeates January 1st but personally, I enjoy the optimism that everyone shares, the sense that we all have a clean slate and anything is possible in the coming 365. I left 2015 in whirl by crisscrossing the globe on travel adventures, eating delicious foods and connecting with great people. I’m hoping that momentum carries into the new year so watch out world! I don’t need a sick day cramping my style on my adventures.
Unfortunately, the downside of all this travel and adventure is that it can make you susceptible to the common cold and flu virus is I’m not diligently taking care of myself. Which is why I count on Ricola® Extra Strength Cough Suppressant Drops to help me keep away a sick day, so I con focus on my life.
One thing I certainly don’t have time for this year is a sick day, not when I would rather be phoning in the boss for a well day – which I do often considering I am the boss, a perk of working for yourself.
The idea got me thinking, what would I rather do with my ‘well day’ than spend it sick? It turns out there is a lot of things but in the spirit of the new year I narrowed it down to my top 16:
16 Things I Want To Do in 2016, Instead of Taking a Sick Day
Get a mani and pedi with Angeline.
Swim in Mexico’s Yucatán cenotes.
Take a cocktail making class with my girlfriends.
Spend the day playing tourist in Miami.
Host a book club.
Whip up a batch of Key Lime Pie Rice Krispie Treats.
Raft through the Grand Canyon.
Clean out the linen closet (hey, it’s better than being sick right?).
Have a Supernatural Marathon…because I am almost an entire season behind. How did that happen?!
Hit the gym. Just kidding.
Make a travel scrapbook cataloging my adventures.
Perform a random act of kindness for a stranger.
Pack a suitcase for my next big adventure.
Add a new stamp to my passport…or three!
Give my wardrobe a makeover.
Get a new tattoo.
Ricola® Extra Strength Cough Suppressant Drops help kick cold and flu symptoms to the curb and keep away the dreaded sick day thanks to ingredients found in the Herb drops, like Chrüterchraft (a natural herb ingredient that’s only in Ricola products from Switzerland).
Ricola’s “Magic 10″ Herbs
- Lemon Balm ~ It has a restorative, energising and cheering effect, and in the language of flowers it brings “harmony with the divine message, to dispel fears of the future”.
- Horehound ~ Horehound activates the immune system, eliminating foreign matter and protecting the respiratory tracts from dust particles.
- Elder ~ Elder promotes perspiration, helping counteract fever, stimulating bronchial secretion and is an immunotherapeutic agent.
- Peppermint ~ Peppermint has a cooling or anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the circulation. It is an effective treatment against bacterial infectious agents due to its rapid cleansing action.
- Mallow ~ Mallow helps alleviate mucous membrane irritations in the mouth and throat, dry and irritable coughs, gastrointestinal and stomach complaints.
- Sage ~ Sage’s essential oil has a cleansing action against bacterial infection agents in the mouth and throat. Its tannins prevent overproduction of perspiration and its bitters strengthen the digestive tract, also helping prevent bad breath.
- Thyme ~ Thymol, the main component of Thyme, is regarded as a very effective disinfectant.
- Lime Flowers ~ Lime flower blossoms drive fevery heat out of the body by promoting sweating, clear the respiratory tract and make the voice clear and bright. They relieve irritable coughs and soothe inflamed frontal and maxillary sinuses when inhaled.
- Hyssop ~ Hyssop has a beneficial effect on the chest area, relieving chronic irritable coughs and working as an expectorant. It also reduces inflammation that makes breathing difficult
- Wild Thyme ~Wild thyme revitalizes by driving colds and hardened mucus out of the bronchioles, seals the mucus membranes for a long time, gently strengthens the stomach and intestines and increases blood flow in the pelvis.
As with any wellness program, it’s important to stay ahead of the game which is why I recommend stocking up on supplies at the beginning of cold and flu season instead of waiting until you need them. This way you’re not wasting a sick day when you can take well days instead!
Call in Well with Ricola and Win
Tell Ricola how you would spend a free day off of work and you could win! Call In Well and you could win a free trip to the Land of Chrüterchraft, or $500. Because there’s feeling better, and there’s “A free trip to Switzerland” better.
Winners take home $500, and the grand prize winner gets a 4-day, 3-night trip for two to Switzerland, the birthplace of Chrüterchraft!! You can enter via text by simply texting Ricola to 74700 to get started. When Ricola texts you back, you can share your Well Day plan. If texting isn’t your thing, you can enter via voicemail by calling 855-4-WELLDAY and leaving a voicemail, telling Ricola how you’d spend your day. You can read the full details here.
So tell me, what would you rather do than suffer through a sick day? I’d love to hear about it.
You can learn more about Ricola® Swiss Herbs here, and don’t forget to follow along on social media!