Like many husbands, mine is very sweet and puts forth a lot of effort into making me feel loved - especially for holidays like my birthday and Valentine's day.
While being romantic comes easy for him, I realize that isn't the case for many husbands, so I wanted to share a few tips for those struggling to keep the romance alive with their spouses.
10 Easy Ways to Say "I Love You"
1. Buy your significant other a beautiful bouquet for no reason. Simply write "I Love You" on the card. Easy enough, right?
2. When your better half is having a rough time, buy them orchids - they are so elegant and easy to care for!
3. When you take out the trash, put a new liner in the trash can. Doing any job halfway doesn't say "I care about you!"
4. If you're going to be home late from work, call! This thoughtful action takes only one minute, but is so appreciated!
5. Bring home fresh flowers once in a while! I love to have fresh flowers in the house - not just on holidays.
6. Send your special someone a text or email during the day to let them know you're thinking of them.
7. Anniversary coming up? Google romantic gifts before hand to get ideas to make the event extra-special.
8. Compliment your significant other! Tell them they look pretty, handsome, etc - it will make their day!
9. Learn to say "I am sorry" - a partner that is willing to admit when they are wrong and apologize earns brownie points in any relationship.
10. Say "I love you" and say it often. When you leave for work, when you end a telephone conversation, before you go to bed...My husband tells me he loves me at least twice a day. And you know what? I never get tired of hearing it.