I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #RicolaCrowd #SwissHerbs
It’s the 75th Anniversary of Ricola, guys!! *Insert party confetti here!!* If you aren’t familiar with the Ricola brand of throat drops, then you might be surprised to learn that they’ve been around for 75 years…that’s a long time, isn’t it?
In 1930, master baker Emil Richterich founded the confectioners Richterich & Compagnie in his native town of Laufen, a rural town near Basel, Switzerland. He created the famous Ricola herb mixture in 1940, and that Swiss Original herb cough drop is still being produced today!
Fast forward to the 1970s, when Ricola began its distribution across the world, including Asian markets such as Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. The first steps are also taken to launch in the USA.
Over 400 employees work for Ricola across the world now, and their products are available in more than 50 countries in flavors like Mixed Berry, Mountain Mint, Liquorice, Apple Mint or the new Dual Action cough and throat drop, which is one of my personal favorites. You can read all about the history of Ricola here.
What makes Ricola Herb Drops so unique? It’s the herbs!
If you’re not familiar with the benefits of natural herbs, this might all seem a little foreign to you. That’s okay! Let’s break it down, shall we?
Ricola’s “Magic 10″ Herbs
- Lemon Balm ~ It has a restorative, energising and cheering effect, and in the language of flowers it brings “harmony with the divine message, to dispel fears of the future”.
- Horehound ~ Horehound activates the immune system, eliminating foreign matter and protecting the respiratory tracts from dust particles.
- Elder ~ Elder promotes perspiration, helping counteract fever, stimulating bronchial secretion and is an immunotherapeutic agent.
- Peppermint ~ Peppermint has a cooling or anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the circulation. It is an effective treatment against bacterial infectious agents due to its rapid cleansing action.
- Mallow ~ Mallow helps alleviate mucous membrane irritations in the mouth and throat, dry and irritable coughs, gastrointestinal and stomach complaints.
- Sage ~ Sage’s essential oil has a cleansing action against bacterial infection agents in the mouth and throat. Its tannins prevent overproduction of perspiration and its bitters strengthen the digestive tract, also helping prevent bad breath.
- Thyme ~ Thymol, the main component of Thyme, is regarded as a very effective disinfectant.
- Lime Flowers ~ Lime flower blossoms drive fevery heat out of the body by promoting sweating, clear the respiratory tract and make the voice clear and bright. They relieve irritable coughs and soothe inflamed frontal and maxillary sinuses when inhaled.
- Hyssop ~ Hyssop has a beneficial effect on the chest area, relieving chronic irritable coughs and working as an expectorant. It also reduces inflammation that makes breathing difficult
- Wild Thyme ~Wild thyme revitalizes by driving colds and hardened mucus out of the bronchioles, seals the mucus membranes for a long time, gently strengthens the stomach and intestines and increases blood flow in the pelvis.
Along with those listed, Chrüterchraft – a natural herb found only in Ricola products from Switzerland – is used. Be sure to visit Ricola.com to take an interactive journey to learn more about Chrüterchraft!
It’s time to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Ricola…but also time to celebrate something that’s a little extra special to me on a personal level…my daughter’s high school graduation! What do these two things have in common? Well, first of all, the growing success of Ricola for 75 years is amazing, and I’ve sent Angeline to school with her fair share of Ricola throat drops in her backpack for years!
Do you have children graduating high school or college this month? I have some advice for them – and for all of you too!
THE THREE RULES OF SUCCESS
NEVER GIVE UP…It’s as simple! There were a few times when we didn’t know if Angeline would be able to graduate on time, but she put her nose down and got busy and made sure she was on track to walk across that ceremonial platform! This can apply to any aspect of your life, personal, educational, professional…perseverance means everything when it comes to success.
WORK HARD, THEN PLAY HARD. The first rule of success is to put in a hard day’s work. But we also need to play, otherwise you can become completely burnt out and you wind up getting nothing done…and you’re not happy, either!
DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP. Life can throw us a curve ball now and then, but regardless of how difficult a situation might become, it doesn’t mean that we have to fail. Ask for help! They say “there is no I in team” and I am firm believer in leaning on those close to you for support, whether it be moral support or actual, physical help. As a small business owner, even I have to ask for help sometimes in order to keep my business running smoothly!
Do you have any life advice to share?
You can learn more about Ricola® Swiss Herbs here, and don’t forget to follow along on social media!