Is there anything better than homemade Bacon Mac and Cheese? I know, you’re saying nope. Well, now there is! Spicy Ranch Bacon Mac and Cheese is going to quickly become a family favorite!
Thanks to Hidden Valley and Datarank for sponsoring this Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe.
All foodie opinions are always my own.
Spicy Ranch Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about comfort food? For me, it’s always a good mac and cheese. And no, I don’t mean the boxed stuff. I’m talking homemade, ooey, gooey, real deal stuff here! I think, I’ve crossed over into ultimate level with this Spicy Ranch Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe however. I doctored up my usual recipe just a bit and sat at the table listening to all the ‘Oohhh’s and Aahhh’s’ the other night. If they gave awards for best mom ever, I totally won it! No joke, here look –
- 2 TBS Butter (not margarine)
- 2 TBS Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Sweet Chili Ranch Dressing
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 OZ Cream Cheese
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 3 Cups Elbow Macaroni (cook accordingly and set aside)
- 9 Pieces Thick Cut Bacon (cooked, drained, chopped)
- For our Bacon Mac and Cheese, let's start by preheating the oven to *400.
- In a medium pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add in the Ranch Dressing, 1½ cups of shredded cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir continuously until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pre-cooked macaroni, cheese sauce, and egg until pasta is evenly coated. Toss in all but a handful of the bacon and give it another good mixing.
- Pour bacon mac and cheese into casserole dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese and last handful of bacon.
- Bake at *400 for about 15 minutes or until bacon mac and cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
I know, it looks way too good not to just grab a spoon and dig right in, huh? Because, BACON! And, there’s really nothing better than the smooth, creamy cheesy goodness mixed with that Sweet Chili Ranch for a nice kick! Hidden Valley has quite a few cool new flavors too! I added the Sweet Chili to my bacon mac and cheese. But you could go with Cucumber Ranch, Roasted Garlic Ranch, or Avocado Ranch. I bet that would make an awesome cold pasta salad! Maybe next time.
To try them for yourself, you can grab all these bad boys at Wal-Mart.
Because I’m always looking out for you there’s even a Hidden Valley Ranch coupon! You’re welcome!