Oh, the holidays are coming! I can already see myself sitting at my parent’s dining room table, preparing for the feasts that we prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas! We go ALL OUT when it comes time for the holidays, with Hams, Chickens, Turkeys, and so many side dishes! I can taste them now…all of the roasts, hams, turkeys, green bean casseroles, mashed potatoes and gravy…I could go on and on! This Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe is the perfect accompaniment to your holiday feast, regardless of what it is…or just a delicious side dish for your family dinner on Sunday!
My mother and sister take turns making a sweet potato casserole with marshmallow topping, but I think they’d approve if I brought this Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe with me to the family gathering this year, don’t you? It’s a great way to incorporate new flavors into your family meal – I mean, who doesn’t love butternut squash?!
Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe
- Squash Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup crisp rice ceral
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in squash. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove from oven when almost set.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over squash. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Makes 6-8 servings