I know what you’re thinking: Isn’t it a little too early for a Pumpkin Mousse Cookie Cups Recipe? NOPE! It is never too early to begin pumpkin spicing all the things!
Never ever. Ever.
Don’t these look incredibly delicious and decadent?
Pumpkin Mousse Cookie Cups Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Cups:
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1-1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- nutmeg (optional) for sprinkling
- Grease mini muffin pan.
- Heat oven to 375
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy - usually about 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Roll into 1" balls and press centers down with pastry shaper - or the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before filling.
- Makes 48 cookie cups
- Using a mixer and a whisk, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla, pumpkin and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pipe onto cookie cups using a pastry bag fitted with a 2M tip. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
- Makes 12-18
- I suggest serving shortly after filling. You can refrigerate, but the cookie will soften a bit. Not bad, just not the cream + crunch you will have if you serve immediately. You can always refrigerate the mousse until ready to serve.