Update: This post is being republished because the app developer has offered promo codes to my readers to download the Paddle Duck app! Check the bottom of the post!
I have been hearing a lot lately about my friends downloading games on their iPads specifically for their children. One of my friends actually bought a second iPad just because her kids are always using hers! So, even though I don’t have small children at home, I am always interested in learning about new iPad and iPhone apps that are designed for kids, because I know how much my readers enjoy introducing them to their children!
Paddle Duck in Where is Carrie Cat is the most recently children’s app I’ve taken a look at. It’s an engaging, fun, and educationally interactive story, specially created with toddlers in mind! Children actively participate in the story as it evolves, beginning with meeting the main character Paddle Duck and then joining his adventure to find his friend Carrie Cat on Gabby Goat’s Farm.
The Paddle Duck app for iPad is perfect for little ones, and was specially designed for children 18 months to 4 years old.
Benefits of the Paddle Duck app for toddlers:
- Shared reading
- Adult/child interaction
- Stimulates active participation and connection
- Encourages listening, discovery and movement
- Introduction to sequential numbering
The Paddle Duck iPad app has many features that will benefit parents as well!
- PaddleDuck Learning Apps have a secure area for Parents to access Facebook sharing, sharing links and links to their website.
- Paddle Duck comes with a full set of learning notes and suggestions for parents and caregivers to help get the most from the App
- Paddle Duck was created by parents, qualified educators, professional musicians and a published author
- No collection or sharing of any users’ personally identifiable information
- No ads displayed
- No in-app purchase options
Paddle Duck in Where is Carrie Cat includes a rhyme for your children to learn and recite, a dance to encourage toddlers to get up and move to and a fun song to that they can learn and sing together.
How you can get the most benefit from Paddle Duck iPad app
- Read, Sing, Count, Clap and Dance together throughout the App
- Ask questions to arouse curiosity – encourage your toddler to wonder what might happen
- Encourage discovery – “what might happen if you tap the stars”?
- Prediction – e.g. where might Carrie Cat be? What might be in this tree?
You can download the Paddle Duck app for iPad from iTunes for $3.99 here, just make sure you have iOS 6 operating system running, as it is required for downloading Paddle Duck.
Right now, the developers of Paddle Duck are offering 10 promo codes for the Paddle Duck iOS app! Please feel free to share across your social networks!