A few weeks ago, my beloved case for my iPhone4 broke…which came as no surprise because I drop my phone – any everything else that my hands touch – at least twice a day.
The good people at Otterbox agreed to send me a new case for my iPhone4 and much to my relief, the Otterbox Defender Series Case for the iPhone4 was actually way better than my old case!
Normally when I do a review of a product, I like to show pictures of me actually using it…but being as this is a case for my iPhone4, and I actually have it ON my iPhone4 and use that to take my photos for my blog (believe it or not, it is a better camera than my actual camera! LOL), I can’t take photos of it.
What I can tell is this: it’s awesome. Like I told my husband, basically my iPhone is in a tank. I love that it’s sturdy and also has a silicone outer shell because I drop my iPhone like it’s a hot potato!
One of my favorite features is that it has a built-in screen protector, which is quite rare in phone cases of any sort. While it’s not waterproof, the Otterbox Defender Series case provides added protection against bump, shock, drop and dust.
Here’s a little info about the Defender Series case for the iPhone4
- Clear protective membrane on touch screen
- High-quality polycarbonate shell
- Durable silicone skin
- Coating on outside of touch screen membrane resists finger prints
- Fine interior texturing of touch screen membrane eliminates static, bubbles and “oil slick” appearance
- Inner felt liner cushions your device
- Textured silicone exterior for improved grip
- Included holster holds device face in or face out
- Completely re-designed holster for stronger hold on device
- Holster doubles as a stand for hands-free media viewing
- Case accommodates most 3rd party chargers
Now, I noticed on the Otterbox website that it says it does not fit the 4s, but I just upgraded to the 4s last week – Merry Christmas to me! – and it fits it exactly like the 4. I have sent a note to Otterbox to let them know, as that may be a mistake on their website. Also, I want to point out that I have an iPhone4s from AT&T, not Verizon, so do your research if you are using an iPhone from Verizon.
While the Otterbox Defender Series Case is normally priced at $49.95, and I think that is a completely fair value for the protection you’re getting, it is actually on sale right now for only $39.95! If you just got a new iPhone4 or iPhone4s for Christmas or Hanukkah go check out the Otterbox Series Defender case collection and protect that iPhone!
*I received the Otterbox Defender Series Case to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own; this case really is fantastic!