What goes together like peanut butter and jelly? Peanut butter and chocolate, DUH! After all of the holiday baking behind us, no one wants to spend all day in the kitchen working on sweet treats to start the new year. Take a few shortcuts and whip up this super easy No Bake Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Icebox Cakes Recipe!
These miniature cakes burst with a smooth peanut butter flavor. When preparing these No Bake Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Icebox Cakes ahead of time, the whipped cream softens the crisp wafer cookie into a decadent cake like texture.
This simple, but cute dessert is always well received!
No Bake Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Icebox Cakes Recipe
- 1 box (9oz) Famous Chocolate Wafers (Nabisco makes these)
- 1 cup (8 ozs) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups for Garnish (optional)
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, add the whipping cream, powdered sugar and peanut butter. Using the whisk attachment, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, usually 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon ¾ of a teaspoon of whipping cream on a cookie, press another cookie on top and continue until your cakes are 5 cookies tall.
- Garnish top of cake with a dollop of cream and peanut butter cup candy if desired.
Place onto your serving tray and refrigerate overnight. The cakes soften and may be difficult to move the next day before serving.