This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and I received complimentary products to facilitate my post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you’re a mom to teenage girl, then you are going to be nodding your head in agreement when I say, “Raising girls is hard work.” Like, really, really hard work. Aside from every single other aspect of parenting, moms of teen girls have to also share clothes, our cars, our hair care products, beauty products, skincare products…basically, once your daughter turns 13, nothing will even belong to you again. I’ve tried to find a happy medium in all this “what’s yours is mine because I came from your womb” mentality by actually taking Angeline shopping WITH ME so that we can pick out some of these items together; last week we actually went to Target for a little skincare adventure to see the new line of skincare products from NEUTROGENA, CLEAN & CLEAR and AVEENO.
Angeline and I both love these brands and already use some of them in our daily skincare routines. While I waited until I was well in my 30s to start a daily beauty routine, Angeline has learned from my mistake and has started taking care of her skin now, while she’s 19…so that she can outdo me when it comes to great skin as she ages, apparently. It’s what teenage daughters do best, showing up their mothers.
One of the few products we don’t really share is our lipstick. She favors big bold colors, while I stick to more natural-looking shades to compliment my tiny mouth. She loves the new Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Lip Shine in Vibrant Raspberry at Target! This great shine plumps up lips to make them appear smoother and more supple, essentially creating the look of fuller lips. You may recall that I had lip injections a while back…this is a PAINLESS and totally inexpensive alternative! The lip shine is available in eight shades and it’s not sticky!
They also have a Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Concealer 20 Light and Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Liquid Makeup 40 Nude 1 oz!
As I was a bit of a late bloomer to really showing my skin the care it deserved, it’s been a bit of a combined journey with Angeline the last few years. She’s watched as I made several changes and adopted them as well.
Our Daily Skincare Dos and Don’ts
1. Always wash your face with a gentle cleanser to begin the day. Create a beautiful, healthy blank canvas for the day! For instance, I love this Aveeno® Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial Cleanser we picked up at Target last week!
As I get older, I am realizing the importance of exfoliating and regular facials, but who has the money for regular facials? I’d rather spend that on brunching with my girlfriends or a cute new outfit! Aveeno® Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial Cleanser provides a quick facial that you can do in your own home in the comfort of your shower. Once or twice a week can help give dull, tired-looking skin a boost! The Active Naturals Total Soy Complex helps to even your skin tone and texture, while the Lemon Peel Extract helps to purify your skin. It works with the steam of the shower to open pores and exfoliates all traces of dirt, oil and dead skin cells, while accelerating surface cell renewal and it also gently exfoliates skin with glycolic acid and biodegradable, naturally derived exfoliants.It’s non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, oil free and dermatologist tested!
2. Wear a daily moisturizer with SPF, even if you aren’t wearing makeup that day. Always keep your face protected from the sun!
3. Use different cleansers for different things; acne cleansers when you have breakouts, gentle cleansers for morning, invigorating cleansers when you need to “wake up” etc.
4. Always was your makeup off before bed! NEVER sleep in your makeup! At the very least, keep makeup remover toilets in your bathroom for when you’re too lazy to wash your face before bed.
5. Always wear a night cream! I prefer Neutrogena® Rapid Wrinkle Regenerating Cream, I just started using this product recently. I love how soft and supple it leaves my skin and I think my fine lines and wrinkles are much less visible since I’ve began using it a few weeks ago!
Whether it’s a basic moisturizing lotion or an anti-aging serum, let those products take care of your skin while you’re sleeping – it’s how you spend almost half the day, you might as well put that time to good use!
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream moisturizes deeply and delivers anti-aging results in just one week. It combines retinol, the #1 anti-aging ingredient, with superior moisturization, which allows it to target wrinkles and dryness at the same time, without irritation! It’s too rich for an airless pump, so Neutrogena developed a patented retinol stability technology that maintains retinol efficacy, even in an open jar form after exposure to oxygen and light. I know that we aren’t all perfect at replacing that lid on our cream at night…this is a great feature!
Through the end of March, Target has amazing in-store and Cartwheel promotions on your favorite skincare essentials from Neutrogena, Aveeno and Clean & Clear that will not only make you and your daughter’s skin look great, but will save you money at the same time! And don’t forget to Download Cartwheel, the rewarding way to save at Target!
- In-store: Neutrogena – Buy 3 Neutrogena products (skincare only), get $5 Target gift card
- Cartwheel: Aveeno – 5% off
- Cartwheel: Clean & Clear – 5% off
If you’re taking your daughter shopping along with you, then you know how quickly those savings can add up….
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Johnson & Johnson.