This Handheld S’mores Mini Pies Recipe is just going to rock your world this summer! My friend Jill made these for me to share on the blog and to be honest, I wanted to just eat that email up when she sent them to me. Fortunately for me, I actually have the Pampered Chef tool to make them! I bought it from a friend who was hosting a party back when I was pregnant with Angeline, and I’ve used it over the years to make plenty of goodies – from crust-less peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Angeline to little hand pies using canned fruit filling…the possibilities are virtually endless!
Everyone loves S’mores, right? I know I do! Of course traditional S’mores are cooked over a campfire and I still love that method – but to be honest, the simple fact that these S’mores are in a pie make them all that much more appealing to me! I love pies!
These Handheld S’mores Mini Pies are also a great dessert option when you are heading to a friend’s backyard bbq – make them ahead of time and serve on a nice platter. What a fun surprise that would be for guests, biting into these little pies and realizing that they’re S’mores! Yum!
Handheld S’mores Mini Pies Recipe
- 1 package of store bought pie crust.
- 1 6-pack of Hershey chocolate bars
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- ¼ C. milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a biscuit cutter (or a hand gadget like the Pampered Chef one pictured), cut out an even amount of tops and bottoms out of the pie crust. *I was able to get approximately 8 mini hand pies out of one package.
- Place 2 squares of chocolate on each hand pie crust. Next, take 4 mini marshmallows and gently press them down using your fingers, (see photo).
- Place one top on to each pie. This is where I use the hand little Pampered Chef tool to seal the crusts. No worries! You can also use a fork and gently press down on the edge working you way around the pie. Place on the baking sheet. Vent the mini pies using a small fork.
- Use a pastry brush to coat each crust with milk.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the pies or a nice golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- pie = 1 serving.