This Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Is A Perfect Busy Weeknight Meal. Prepare And On The Table In 30 Minutes! A New Family Dinner Favorite For Sure!
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Easy Weeknight Meal
I have tons of sympathy for most of you still buried under a ton of winter coats and frigid temps. But, here in Miami, we’re pretty lucky and spending our time outside sunning and fun-ing. None of that digging out from snow drifts going on here. While you can’t wait to get inside and warm up, we’re rushing out to enjoy the Spring-like temps. (sorry, not sorry)
This easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe is perfect no mater which coast you’re hailing from! Quick and easy for those tired of shoveling and on the table in under 30 minutes for those of us rushing to catch the perfect sunset! A bit of spice and lots of cheesy goodness your whole family will love!
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken (pre-cooked, I use deli made)
- 2 ½ Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa (pick your favorite brand)
- 4 Green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Black Pepper
- 9-11 Taco size Flour Tortillas
- 3 TSP Butter
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 15 oz. Can Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Optional Cilantro for Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- In large mixing bowl combine the Chicken, 2 cups Cheese, Salsa, Onions, Chili powder, Garlic powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Place 3-4 Tbsp. of the Chicken mixture onto a Tortilla, I use a ¼ cup measuring cup loosely packed.
- Tightly roll the Tortilla making sure the mixture covers the entire length of the roll.
- Place in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and mixture until you run out of either ingredients or room in the pan.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and whisk constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the Broth to the pan stirring constantly.
- Once thickened add the Sour cream and bring to a simmer. Pour the mixture over the Tortillas in the baking dish ensuring the sides and tops are covered and coated.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake at 350˚ until bubbly, 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Optional garnish with a bit of Cilantro.
This chicken enchilada recipe is perfect for busy school nights or lazy weekends when you want to just hang and have a great family meal! Cook up some Spanish rice as a nice side and gather the kids around the table before movie night! Make those chilly winter evenings in fun!