An old friend of mine is now a personal trainer and recently posted these tips as helpful guidance for his Facebook friends.
I wanted to share this because like many, I am concentrating on losing weight and being healthier in 2012.
5 Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
1. Only drink water and green tea
2. Have meat (fish, eggs, beef, chicken, etc) and vegetables at every meal
3. NO starches (pasta, rice, potatoes, etc) EXCEPT in the morning and after your workout
4. EXERCISE! Are you out of shape? Start with walking 30-60 minutes and do this 3-6 times a week . Are you in great shape but need a new challenge? Hire a trainer to take your workouts to the next level.
5. ELIMINATE sugar, alcohol, sweets, processed junk food, and anything else that u know u shouldn’t be eating
Follow these tips at least 80% of the time and watch as your body and mind start to improve. Now go make it happen!!
By the way, you can learn more about Ted and his fitness tips on his website, RyceFitness.
Some of these tips are really simple and the results are quick – like drinking only water and green tea. I cut soda out of my diet in February this year and while that alone didn’t reduce my weight, it actually made a difference in my appearance. Within a few days, I already noticed that I was less bloated. Of course, there are other benefits to cutting soda out of your diet; all those chemicals really aren’t good for us – even diet soda (like my beloved Diet Coke) are full of artificial sweeteners! I only drink soda every now and then, usually as a mixer when I am drinking a cocktail, or when I am at parties as a special treat. I don’t even care for the taste of most sodas anymore!
My diet of choice is always low carb, so his second and third tips go right along with the way I try to eat when I am actively dieting.
Of course the fourth and fifth tip are easier said than done…which is why he is a personal trainer in fantastic shape and I…well, not so much.
What are your diet and exercise tips?