Don’t get me wrong, I love tattoos.
I have a few myself, remember this Phoenix tattoo I got to celebrate my new life? And this black bird memorial tattoo I got last year in Canada? And my husband has quite a few gorgeous tattoos, which I think are totally sexy.
There’s a big difference between tattoos on your arms, legs, back, hips, etc – you know, socially acceptable areas to have tattoos – and ones that you can’t cover up without a ton of concealer. Even tramp stamps can be hidden, know what I mean?
Getting a neck tattoo is a whole different ball game. It takes gumption. It takes balls.
And it basically says to the world, “I Don’t Give a Flying F*%! What Anyone Thinks.”
Which is cool, you know, unless you actually DO care.
5 Things Your Neck Tattoo Says To The World
1. My neck is more interesting than my face.
2. Wearing jewelry is too much of a hassle, so I opted for a permanent necklace.
3. Who wants a job with stock options and a corner office? I want to work retail for the next 60 years.
4. I enjoy scaring small children.
5. My decision making skills suck.
Now, I do realize that the world is changing, and that visible tattoos are becoming more and more acceptable. But taking that step and marking a part of your body that you can not cover up?
Not a decision to be made lightly.