I love About Me sections on blogs. Hell, I even read the About pages of company websites. I’m just nosy like that.
While some About Me pages are just the boring old, “I like to blog,” I have found some that are quite fascinating – and the witty prose I find there drives me to read that blog on a regular basis.
I change my own About Me page quite often…probably too often. What can I say, I have a lot of important shit I want you to know about me! So when the urge struck me today to revise my About Me page again, I decided to do something a little different, and create this post instead!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- My grandfather almost killed me once. Accidentally – we were riding a backhoe and he flipped it over on us. I wish I was kidding, but we really are that redneck.
- I dropped out of high school on the first day of my senior year. Pretty bad ass right? No. It was stupid. I went back and graduated the following year (after realize what an idiot move that was).
- Speaking of graduation – I was 6 months pregnant when I graduated high school. I’m classy like that.
- I was going to say that I bought the home my dad grew up in, in 2009, but I just realized that my mom and dad lived here when I was born – I totally bought the house I was born in.
- I talk to my dogs and cats. A lot. I also call my cats assholes. A lot. They deserve it. My fellow cat owners will understand.
- I am obsessed with motorcycles and will ride as a passenger…but I can’t work up the courage to ride one myself.
- I cry when I see dead dogs and cats on the street.
- The first time I saw Van Wilder – that scene where Van Wilder acquires the creme for those pastries? I threw up.
- When I was in Kindergarten, I used to day dream about growing up and marrying David Hasslehoff so I could ride in Kitt.
- I joined twitter in 2008 because I heard Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 was on it – they are my favorite (living) band. I used to tweet to him, not realizing that the entire world could see my “you are the god of bass players” tweets.