My lovely friend Nicole over at Write Spell posted a “Get it Off Your Chest” post a bit ago entitled “10 different things you want to say to 10 different people”…and I love the idea so much that I am doing my own list right here.
This is something you would probably do in a creative writing course…its a wonderful way to dig up those feelings you are not able to say out loud, whether they be positive or negative. A way to say those things you have always wanted to say, to different people, for different reasons, but simply can not. Perhaps its unacceptable to say it, perhaps its silly to say it, perhaps they are no longer in your life, perhaps they are deceased.
Its an exercise in self expression. I completely love it.
1. Get your head out of your ass & grow up already, because everyone is tired of your shit.
2. Every time I hear your car pulling into the drive way, my heart skips a beat.
3. I have never forgiven myself for breaking your heart.
4. Sometimes I sneak into your room at night when you are sleeping to check to make sure you are breathing.
5. The solidity of your friendship has saved me from myself so many times, I have lost count.
6. I regret having ever met you, because I will never be able to forget you.
7. I hated you for so long that once you were no longer a monster, I wasn’t even able to see it. I am sorry.
8. You are my rock. You are the reason the world makes sense to me and I want to be a part of it.
9. Thank you for teaching me that it was okay to be myself. Your impact on my life was immense.
10. You did right and wrong, but the combination of those things made me into the person I am today. Thank you.